Thread: Free Tavern Floorplan

Publisher

Default Free Tavern Floorplan

To celebrate the launch of DramaScape as a solo company we are giving away a free Basic Tavern floorplan map its set up ready to print or use as a VTT map.

Free Tavern Floorplan

Guild Novice

Congrats on launching your company and thanks for the free map. I took a look and have some thoughts.

From a strictly production viewpoint, it looks like the hex grid is on top of your logo. It would look better behind. The grids that are overlaid are at times hard to see (the green lines on the light floor) or garish and distracting (the green lines on the tables and wood). The grids extend into the white space. I think it would look a bit better if they didn't. (Not a big deal, but the little touches can add up.)

I like the fact that you provide both a VTT-sized map and a print-sized map. It would be nice if there were a bit more possibility to configure things. Some companies, for instance, have PDF layers so that you could toggle on and off the grid, or bloodstains, or stuff on the tables. That might be hard to do with Dundjinni but it would be nice to have.

From a strictly personal standpoint, I prefer more of a toolbox in products I buy, so I probably would not use this much as-is. But that might be similar for a lot of people on the forums here, because it's populated with people who like making maps!

Publisher

Thanks Alan for your comments.

This is actually our 4th map and getting the overlay right for everyone is a hard thing to do, so people like bright and some like barely visable, so its hard to find the middle road. Although it looks like the Dundjinni style, its actually a rendered image from a 3d model.
    I sort of added the logo as a last minute thing as we needed to get the message out that we had gone solo, its not that way on our other map, no grid overflow either.

We are trying to keep the prices down so the pdf layer thing is not something we are considering atm.