Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The CWBP Wiki is Now Open.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Can someone write up a "world overview page" that lists all the areas defined (and can be added to as more are put in)?

I've been updating the sidebar menu as new areas are described, but it could get unwieldy quite quickly.

A couple of pages with little other than lists would even be a goos start.

-Rob A>
    I actually have a TOC written out that I was going to use for the sidebar. Turns out that that apparently only SysOps have that access though. Had a few more things on it than just locations, such as the Time & Seasons calender that Neon is working on. I'll pose it if you want to take care of that since you have SysOp access.

Go for it and then PM me and I'll stick a link in the sidebar.

-Rob A>
    It's obviously far from complete, but I think you can see where I'm going with it. Feel free to add or remove as necessary.

Code:
    Life in (CWBP)
    *Time & Seasons

Geography
    *(Region 1 Name)
    **Akron
    **Brinsmerd
    **Bruskos
    **Groam
    **Lingemerd
    **Orvaelos
    **Shegral

Organizations

OK -

I added an overview page: http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/i...title=Overview
    with that content, and created a link from the sidebar.

Also added a sidebar link to an index page that was set up: http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/i...e=Current_List

-Rob A>
    Great. I appreciate your help there.

I'd like to figure out how to get some dropdown menus or something for the TOC, but that'll have to wait.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dunno about dropdown menus...Wiki formatting including sidebars is supposed to be very broad. One of the biggest tasks of editors is going to be to create context links. All the way down to the descriptive text, if a word or title appears that relates to another page, you should link it. It's very easy to do, and helps keep the 6 degrees of separation concept intact.

Check out all the context links on this page (which just happens to be open in another browser right now for me, and is a fantastic band...From Mars To Sirius is really great album...Where Dragons Dwell is a great song too) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gojira_%28band%29

See how even in the descriptive text there's tons of links? Thats what we should be doing...which makes it really easy to get from one page to another just by surfing.

Also...I think the Main Page is due for an overhaul...I just kinda threw it together to get it started...I know a sysop has to do the editing, but if someone will post something here, or pm me it, or maybe an editor can use the main page's discussion tab to post what the main page shoudl have, and I'll move it over.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I think I nice, banner-sized graphic would be dandy on the front page. We can put a detailed introduction as to what the project is all about and how it got started underneath it, followed by the TOC that's on the overview page now.

So there's my two cents.

-IG

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I definitely like the idea of a nice dandy introduction paragraph for sure. I'm not good at writing such things though. I know Ravells and Pyrandon are good at that though...The blurb on the homepage and the magazine article are shining examples of their work
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I wouldn't want to take the words out of the mouth of Torq's baby

As he's a man of letters, I'm sure that he can produce something far better than Don and I could!

<dodge dodge>

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast