Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dungeon Mapping Resources [WIP]

Just stumbled on this thread - can't believe it hasn't seen more comments. These are some of the best tiles i've seen for isometrics - any chance you could provide us with .png with transperancies??? would love to use these to try an isometric dungeon.

Here are a few renders of individual tiles. Not sure I got them entirely right. Let me know if you can make use of them like that. Could also make the 3d models available if you would have an easier time with those. Thats how I build those little example rooms anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor_plain.png 
Views:	314 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	46847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall_Corner_Inner.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	46848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wall_Corner_Outer.png 
Views:	406 
Size:	437.0 KB 
ID:	46849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall_plain_x.png 
Views:	288 
Size:	320.2 KB 
ID:	46850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall_plain_y.png 
Views:	386 
Size:	333.3 KB 
ID:	46851

I like what I am seeing

What program are you using?

Well, once again I have been too quite entirely too long. To answer HeadClot's question, I do all my modeling and rendering in Blender. Currently I'm pondering if I could take the idea of these tiles a step further. My musings on this can be found here. They revolve around 3d printing dungeon tiles as you need them. Not entirely sure if the additional customization potential outweighs the higher cost in comparison to tilesets like those of Dwarven Forge. Would appreciate some feedback in that regard.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

I would 3D print the masters, but make molds and do resin castings or foam based casting.. 3D printing them would be to expensive in the long run..

Hmm, use the 3D prints as masters for your own resin castings? That sounds quite sensible there. Thus it would be good to design the models in a way to make creating molds from them easy? How about "hollow" models (that saves some in regard to printing)? Sadly the only experience I have with casting and esigning molds is from brass and aluminium ...

Default 3D printing and cost...

Actually, the cost of 3D printing tiles like these is PENNIES - if you already have a 3D printer, that is. Going through a place like Shapeways would probably be prohibitive, but if you'd be happy with the slightly rougher ABS or PLA plastic prints you get from a Makerbot... just find someone who owns one, or a "makerspace" in your area that might let members use one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12