Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May 2012 Entry: Lost Dwarven Civilization

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Nope, I do it too! And with a dip pen it's really dumb, dries the ink out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Sinnyo - ohhhh punch to the stomach, lol. Those aren't rivers those are the cavern passages connecting the caverns filled with buildings and so on. The whole thing is under a mountain. If I can figure out how to colorize this and I do it right hopefully that will stand out better.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    @Sinnyo - ohhhh punch to the stomach, lol. Those aren't rivers those are the cavern passages connecting the caverns filled with buildings and so on. The whole thing is under a mountain. If I can figure out how to colorize this and I do it right hopefully that will stand out better.
    Oh, of course! Put that down to a combination of my lack of proper scrutiny, and the convincing, natural-looking formation of said caverns. ^^;
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)

Oh my goodness - just finished inking this and I'm seeing double or triple..I can barely read my screen. I seriously need to work in larger format. Curse mine crappy eyesight...gotta go lay down for a bit since I can't work anymore. I will probably get a scan up later tonight. I'm seriously thinking about using a razor to slice these pages out of my book since it will be much easier to work with if I do. (At least I think).
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Ewww. Hope you're not speaking literally ... it took me a year and three eye doctors to figure out why that was happening to me (seeing double) when I worked on stuff up close or read for a long time. No fun at all!

Well, I had Intacs (corneal inserts) a few years ago. I tend to get blurred when I read for several hours or do stuff like what I did tonight evidently. I'm fine now after resting my eyeballs for a bit. It is not fun though since pretty much everything I love to do requires me being able to see.

I hear ya. I had to switch to listening to audiobooks, because even now that I have prisms in my glasses, if I read a book for several hours at a time (which is how I generally read books) I still get the double vision.

Uhg, I have tried that but for the most part I hate the way other people read. Sometimes you can get a good reader but most are mediocre at best. I have considered going into that for a side job but I wouldn't know where to start. Of course, it would have to be in several hour increments, LOL.

Ha. Definitely true. I must confess, now that I've found a few good narrators I'll buy audible books completely out of my genre (sci-fi/fantasy, predictably enough) just because they're reading them.

I just finished a great audio book and the guy reading it was fantastic. It's a sci-fi series of 4 books "Empire of Man" by David Weber and John Ringo. The Audio book is read by Stefan Rudnicki. So far he's the best I have heard but then I'm still pretty new to all that audio book stuff.

Here is as far as I got today. I'm just starting to put in the color using watercolor pencils and a very lightly moist brush because this paper won't take much at all. I think I will mount these two pages to a single backing sheet. One of these days I swear I will try doing something that isn't a total experiment

I may need to go over some of the coloring again but I have so much more to do that I can't fiddle a lot at this point if I plan to finish. Next scan I will line the pages up better

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lost Scan.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	385.6 KB 
ID:	45002  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast