Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May 2012 Entry: The Carolinas, USA

Hey RJ, this is really looking awesome but don't forget to put your ### WIP information in there. As it is if you go to the thumbnails currently your map doesn't show up.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Well, I'm boned. But yay - I like your choice of fineliners. ;D

Congratulations on this - it's a really impressive entry.
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)

Nice one Rj, great work as you always do. I like the texture of the Waves as well, might be good to emphasize on the land a little more. But this is a working progress, so I know that you have still a lot up your sleeves.

Very nice lettering on that cartouche. Looking good.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

I'm going to call this done. I started this map on a piece of 11x17 20lb laser paper (from work copier machine). I should never have used watercolor on it - but I did. the map is now crusty and wrinkly - you can't tell from the scan really - but looks bad in real life. Ah well - it was a great challenge for me to do something out of my comfort zone. That's what the challenges are all about!

I'm leaving early Friday morning and will not be home until mid week next week.

Edit. Only digital enhancement was a bit of extra contrast after scanning. It looked really flat. I left everything else as is, even as much as i wanted to blot out the dust/scratches! BTW, Palmetto Tree & Crescent moon are SC state symbol, and cardinal bird is NC state bird.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hand-drawn_Carolinas_RjRbeals.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	483.2 KB 
ID:	45029  

The Scan looks fine, so no worries. Great job!

That looks awesome! I've had to be really careful with my watercolors on mine because I didn't start on the right paper either. Let that be a lesson to the both of us!!

Still, it really does look awesome and is IMO one of the front runners as of right now.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Really nice job on this RJ; the competition is steep this month but this map is definitely one of the key contenders.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12