Thread: First Map, peninsula

Guild Applicant

Map First Map, peninsula

Hello everyone !

I joined the community a few days ago, and I followed some tutorials in order to draw a map I needed for my D&D campaign, I am working on Photoshop.

I think I should have made the coastlines with some randomness because it's way too straight, and then I have to find a better way to indicate reliefs and marshes, and add the scale, any suggestions are warmly welcome.

Here is this peninsula, sorry but all the names are in french ^^
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PuitMer.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	541.4 KB 
ID:	44877
    Last edited by Metazeta; 05-16-2012 at 11:48 AM.

I think the coast is perfecty in line with the very clear and comic-like style of the whole map.
    There are a few small things I would change - overlappings in the forest, the style of the coastal water lines, perhaps the relative scale of trees and mountains... but overall I'd say this is a wonderful and very stylish map.

I agree with Freodin about the scale of the trees relative to the mountains, but overall nice job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant

I did not watch it this way at all, but it seems obvious now, I will take care about it =)
    thanks

(Sadly my laptop is very old so it will be complicated to correct all of that right now... Don't know why but I have some problems whith resized brushes.... I will be back to France with a really good computer in a month )
    Last edited by Metazeta; 05-16-2012 at 09:52 PM.

i like it, it's simple, but still very good