Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: May 2012 Entry: Gaelynta

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think I will indeed leave the compass spaces white, unless something brilliant presents itself. I got a bit more done tonight, but nothing really worth scanning (lots of penciled plans for stuff). Update to come tomorrow once I get some more ink down

!$#$!@!$@!

Yeah. I just fubared the map. It started with an ink blot. Then in my inept efforts to mitigate the issue, I tore the paper. So, tomorrow I get to transfer all the work already done to a new sheet. ARGHH. At least this time around it should go faster; I have some lessons learned to apply. Wow, I am so disgusted with myself.

Posting a piece of the map (the torn part is off the edge here) to check on city symbols. They're done using a slightly modified version of DJ's castle tutorial on a miniature version of his iso grid. Look ok? Or since I have to reboot anyhow, should I go a different way with them? I don't like the ink shading; won't be doing that on the new copy (will do it with paint instead).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img003.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	45019  

Those symbols look fantastic...sorry to hear about the mishap.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

I think they are great. So sorry about your ink blot fiasco.

I wish we were starting over myself because I would sure do some thing differently. It's not easy trying to watercolor on NON-watercolor paper. You have to be really careful and really dry or it's all over. I know I'm surfing disaster every time I work on this thing and I haven't even got to the grand finally which is where I could still totally screw up the whole thing. LOL, I hope I can make it. I will take a very deep breath once this is all over.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Tough break. The castles look great though. At least you can un-squish the compass rose now.

Sad, this had such promise. I hope things work out better with attempt # 2.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Looking good ... and so many entries this month, it's quite amazing!

Thanks for the encouragement and commiseration both, everyone

@ Jax: I hear ya. I'm so completely paranoid now! lol.

Well, after the reboot, I finally have enough to post up again. It's actually arguably further along than I was, because I have a TON more stuff penciled in than I did before. Behind on ink, but that's the easy (sorta) part. Wow this is going to be cutting it close. At least, like Flocko said, I could unsquish the compass rose. I also fixed the pen-width:letter-size ratios a bit on the lettering I had done before. I added in a couple of houses to the minor city symbols too; I hope they look good because they ain't changin' now I've already sworn to myself that if another pen pukes onto the paper the blot stays and I continue.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	571.1 KB 
ID:	45063  

Nice recovery!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks, Jax! Work continues .... gotta take a break from the dip pen every so often because my hand starts shaking. About 1/2 of the way through the ink now, I think.

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	583.1 KB 
ID:	45111  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast