Thread: Regional Map (First Time) Feature/Color Questions

Wip Regional Map (First Time) Feature/Color Questions

This is my first post here. I've attached two clips of my map for reference. As you can see I've used tutorials to make what I have so far. I'm now stuck trying to figure out how to define: Volcano area, Taiga, Tundra, and Savannah.

The Savannah I considered just overlaying a lighter color scheme over the grassland, but I'd like to know if anyone has ideas of making it look at least a little different than the grass geographically? Also a nice set of colors for it. For the other sections I'm not sure on color palettes or features.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chimamire Region.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	655.9 KB 
ID:	44897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chimamire Region Burn.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	704.7 KB 
ID:	44898  

Blog Entries

What distinguishes Savannah from other grasslands is the presence of sparse trees.

You also seem to have your climates a bit backwards, it's generally forests along the coasts and grassland in the interior.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at a map of Africa that had forests in the middle with savannah to the north and south the. Then desert after that. That's where some of my idea came from. Any ideas on color palettes for the various places?