Thread: Valley of the Azure Ziggurat

Map Valley of the Azure Ziggurat

This is a mini-sandbox hexmap for an RPG campaign. Created entirely in GIMP, save for the Hex overlay, which was taken from a public domain source, opened in GIMP and to which I then added the hex-numbers.

I created the hex icons myself. The dragon, featured on the icon in hex 0903, originally was from a PD picture, but after major shrinking and the necessary, subsequent touching up, looks nothing like the original picture (and just barely looks like a dragon. )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sz.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	258.1 KB 
ID:	44922  

First off, welcome to the Guild Geezerdm! Second, about the hex grid, I don't know if you are aware but there is actually a GIMP plugin that allows you to render Hex Grids in GIMP (here's a link). Third, are you planning to run a "Hex-crawl" style adventure? I've been itching to run one myself ever since reading Justin Alexander's wonderful blog post on it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    First off, welcome to the Guild Geezerdm! Second, about the hex grid, I don't know if you are aware but there is actually a GIMP plugin that allows you to render Hex Grids in GIMP (here's a link). Third, are you planning to run a "Hex-crawl" style adventure? I've been itching to run one myself ever since reading Justin Alexander's wonderful blog post on it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I'll check out that link, thanks. Yeah, it's the starting area for a hexcrawl.