Thread: Ladie Storm is doing OK

Default Ladie Storm is doing OK

As some of you may have noticed, our rather active guild member Ladie Storm lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, in the U.S.A., which is being battered right now by Hurricane Matthew. FYI: We've received word from her that she and her family are doing fine, but they have no electricity, so she will not be online again for a few days. That's all that her absence means, not that she's been blown away.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Can I add that I would guess (since I don't know how much phone power it takes on a modern phone to receive and read texts or emails - mine's a 10 year old brick) that it wouldn't necessarily be all that helpful texting or emailing her, since that might actually use up rather a lot of her phone battery power - a phone that she may need for more important things over the next few days, and which she now cannot recharge

Thanks for the update Mark.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Glad to hear she's alright. Hopefully the damage isn't too severe.

This is a message left by Storm on the PF forum 10 minutes ago:

"Hey guys and gals!

Just wanted to pop in here, and let everyone know I was alive and well, but probably won't be o line for a bit, but I see Mark and Sue beat me to the punch! Thanks, btw :-)

Well, we made it through the hurricane with only minor flooding in our area and loss of power...over 3/4 of our city is in the dark. Luckily, I managed to find somewhere that has power, and was willing to let me sit and recharge my phone! Raleigh looks like a series of lakes right now, but we're okay. I just won't be online for a few days.

Take care everyone, and I'll see you all when I can get back online. We're being told it could take up to a week to restore power every where."

Wow, you guys are really on the ball!

Yes, we made it through with only minor flooding and loss of power. A few places with power are letting g us come in and charge our phones. So tbis may be the last you hear from me until power is restored. The place I go to get online has no power either, and we're being g told it may take up to a week to restore power everywhere.

So do t be surprised if you do t see me for a while. Just know we are okay, and I'll be back in a few days!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Like I said over at PF - Stay safe and warm, hon, but no sleeping with the gas fire on!

Lets hope you get the power back sooner than the authorities have estimated

As someone sitting on the other side of the Atlantic, in the middle of the continent, half a thousand kilometers from the nearest coast, far away from every possible hurricane... even living in a sheltered valley so that I don't have to bear the brunt of the storm we do get here... I cannot image what you are going through now.

Just stay safe.