Thread: Anyone sharing CC3 maps of Castle Ravenloft?

Default Anyone sharing CC3 maps of Castle Ravenloft?

Hello!

I'm new to these forums, so excuse me if I'm asking something stupid. I noticed that there are a lot of .jpg images of maps shared on these forums, but not the .fcw Campaign Cartographer 3 files that were used to make the images. But often I'd like to make minor changes, or modify the scale, and thus would much prefer the .fcw files. Is that frowned upon on these forums?

In this particular case I was looking at Shindig's and danielpryor's maps of Castle Ravenloft, which I could use for my campaign. Of course if somebody else has some maps of this castle, that would be great too. So what's my best course of action here? Ask around on these forums? Make 5 forum posts to be able to contact these people directly?

Tobold

Guild Novice

I think the issue would be that Ravenloft is a module/setting/whathaveyou which is, if not currently IN print in some form, only recently OUT of print and will undoubtedly reappear in print in some form. Most recently I think there is a castle Ravenloft board game and before that it was probably the Expedition to Castle Ravenloft hardcover in 2006. To make full, accurate CC maps of Castle Ravenloft available publicly would almost certainly be trodding on toes best left untrod.

I have my own CC maps of Ravenloft (fairly simplistic) but only ever made an unkeyed .png of the ground floor map available on my own website. I've made a lot of maps of cities from Judges Guild's Wilderlands settings that have been up on my website for a long time, but then they've generally been years, even decades out of print in any form.

i have a mapset for this castle on dmsguild, but if youre after the source or working files that illustrators use to creatie thier assets i think youll find most illustrators are reluctant to share those in the extreme. having said that theres a number of token and iconsets which are available in these forums, and i might recomend the mikey schley set of icons for their gorgeousness.

Blog Entries

The post is 4 years old and I reckon its unlikely OP is still looking.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hagrid70 View Post
    i have a mapset for this castle on dmsguild, but if youre after the source or working files that illustrators use to creatie thier assets i think youll find most illustrators are reluctant to share those in the extreme. having said that theres a number of token and iconsets which are available in these forums, and i might recomend the mikey schley set of icons for their gorgeousness.
    Gotta agree about the working files thing. Very few people post them, regardless of what program was used, because it would be waaay too easy to claim the work as your own. When it ain't. Something very much frowned upon here at The Guild. Frowned upon with many many frowny faces...

You coulddo a site search and I am quite sure you would find something that you can use...
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent