Thread: The Village of Antira, Old and New

Default The Village of Antira, Old and New

There is nothing all that special about this map visually as it looks very similar in style to some other maps I've recently done. I thought I'd post it anyway because it is an updated version of a very old map. So I am posting both the old map and the new one.

The first ever digital map I did was of this village. I made it using paint shop pro. The map was for my first IRC RPG campaign I ran so the location has a special place in my heart and while the world itself has been through a number of revisions, the village has remained the same.

The map is only numbered. There is no key on the map itself because it has a big write up in a separate document on the people who live in every single building, what they do and a little bit about their history as well as some general information about the village itself (what crops they grow, nearby locations, etc), although I am currently updating it to take into account that seven years have passed since I last used it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lilinoth-antiramap_2002.gif 
Views:	436 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	44929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lilinoth-antiramap_2012.jpg 
Views:	7027 
Size:	684.8 KB 
ID:	44930  

I like both maps! The old one has a Judges Guild feel about it. The kind of map where you can feel the paper. Can't wait to see more!

~Val
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Argontath Map Finished Thread

My Flash Website! - Welcome to Argontath

I thought I would post this next map in this thread as they are linked. Basically I have been working on bringing the old origins of the world I created to life as I have a lots of stuff and a half finished novel for it. There's been a lot of retconning and such but I'm sorta starting inside out (because the focus for much of the later material is a city northwest). I've been doing a bunch of art, writing and also these maps that I'm going to compile into a PDF and it will focus on a single domain (the domain of Antira).

This next village is about ten miles north of Antira deep in the forest. It is also based on an old map. It is called Silverleaf (an uninspired name but it is OLD). The Isometric map of Fort Arrowpoint on the other board is related to all this too.

Again, no key as it is all detailed elsewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lilinoth-silverleafmap_2012.jpg 
Views:	11239 
Size:	401.0 KB 
ID:	45629  

Awesome map, and no surprise there. I like the circular buildings and muddy stream. Would love it, if you could share a bit of the background story behind this map. Looking forward to your maps to come.

Well the village was founded by refugees from a nearby kingdom. They were the remains of a minor noble house who lost their holdings during a blood feud with two others. With the few political favours they had left, they were given the land they currently live on now, though they didn't know the area was covered in dense forest.

On the bright side they are exempt from taxes though as the kingdom they now live in collects taxes based on how much farmland a settlement has. Having no actual farmland has not been a bad thing (unless of course there is a sudden population explosion).

It's a bit more involved than that but those are the basics. =P

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Pretty! Makes me feel like playing D&D again

I like that it's surrounded by trees. Reminds me of when Warcraft 2 first came out and you had that fog of war surrounding you on all sides.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Janden View Post
    I like that it's surrounded by trees. Reminds me of when Warcraft 2 first came out and you had that fog of war surrounding you on all sides.
    Haha, yes! That's exactly it

Default Using Antira Map

Hello!

I found the map of Antira years ago and I've been using it in my homebrew D&D campaign world. I'm glad I was able to find the creator! Is it okay to keep using it and how should I credit you?

Thanks for some Great work!