Thread: May 2012 Entry: The Lands of Gorgorin

Default May 2012 Entry: The Lands of Gorgorin

After a long time away from the forum and maps I finally have some time to spend and have fun , at least I hope I can finish it this week,

Well, not much background story so far, I may work on that while I'm drawing, what I can say is that the southern area, where you can see that the land sudenly finish, is an unknow area. Also civilized people only live north of the mountains, to the south live only barbarians.

The paper is a common A4. I'm thinking about coloring it, btw. One last thing is that I turned the image 90 degrees, because the original photo was horizontal, but I think its ok, right?

Hope you like.

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild_South.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	44965
    Last edited by Beoner; 05-20-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Great start so far! This could turn out to be really awesome.

Definitely a good start. Keep it up!

Thank you, Seraphine and flocko,

I already added much more things to the map, but till friday I won't have any camera to take pictures, so only at the weekend I'm posting an update =/

Here is the latest update. Added cities, more forests, hills, rivers, and other stuff. The stickman with spears should actually be a draw of normal person (I mean, not a stickman) but really tiny, the problem is that draw it turned out being much more difficult than I expected. Also the dirty area at the bottom is my try blurring, it was suposed to be like a "cloud" or "fog", but the result was not exactly this.

For now take this one as the last version. I'm still thinking if I'm gonna paint it and I may add names to the rivers, forests and mountains.

A little background story:

The wild lands to the south, now known as Lands of Gorgorin, are the house of savages and barbarians living in tribes named after the elemnts of nature. Untill now only five are known, they are: Water tribe, Sun tribe, Earth tribe, Fire tribe, Wind tribe. Also they go at least once a week, all the tribes together, to pray for the Totems.

Our expedition was sent to map the area, we were not attacked at all, but could not understand much of what the savages said. They are no exactly dangerous for those who they don't know, as long as you don't make anything wrong.

Beoner, leader of expedition

PS: Again I only turned it 90 degrees right so that it would get vertical.

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild_South2.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	45158

Cool stuff...love the mountains, the tentacles, and the stick men!
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Nicely done. This map has allot of character, reminds me of the days long ago when I used to create my own pen and paper world maps for the campaigns I was running.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh