Thread: Would appreciate a map (Already sketched out)

Default Would appreciate a map (Already sketched out)

Hello CG!

I so humbly request anyone with some skill and free time to take me up on my request. If anyone could pull off something in your free time then it would be hugely appreciated.

I already have an extensively detailed rough sketch map so most of the hard work (I hope) is already done. I will attach both my sketch and the style map I would like to have. Basically I would like the lone mountain of High Rehngaard to be scrapped (the shadowing is backwards anyway) and the "Caogoroth Marshes" to be scrapped as well. I would enjoy the mountains being smaller and less dominating and if you could make the northern parts more icy looking/ white and cold like this "Lorelands" map that would be great.

Again I hope someone is able to do this for me and anywhere my map is posted you will be be given part credit + a link to your profile here. As well in the off chance I ever get published I would be more than willing to discuss publication rights with you.

Thanks again for the considerations and if you have any questions you can reply back and I check my e-mail (here and web) every day.

Thanks!

SKETCH: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	563.2 KB 
ID:	45016

STYLE: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lorelands_06_small.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	45010
    Last edited by letsgoheat; 05-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Updated with sketch.

And I realize nobody will be jumping all over the request because I have no money to pay them but I would HUGELY appreciate someone taking this on for me. I feel like a quality map is thing I need to get motivation for writing my novel and creating the world I've always to make so... just because you won't be making 100 dollars doesn't mean you can't take a stab at it :/
    Last edited by letsgoheat; 05-23-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Map I took some liberties...

Wasn't exactly sure how far south the freeze line sits in your imagination, so I guessed.
    I gave you an empty map, too, if you want to change the labels or city locations. If you'd like a higher res photo, I'll send it via email.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	letsgoheat map web2.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	45469 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	letsgoheat map web2 wo labels.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	45470
    Last edited by Chashio; 06-07-2012 at 07:35 PM.

The result is really nice. Congrats Chashio.

Holy **** i just noticed this thank you so much

my god this is amazing you deserve like 50 000 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!

=) I'm glad you like it. I can only take half the credit, though... your sketch was very helpful.

But I wouldn't say no to $25,000. I kid.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Did you get my PM? i'm not sure if I sent it correctly :s

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Wasn't exactly sure how far south the freeze line sits in your imagination, so I guessed.
    I gave you an empty map, too, if you want to change the labels or city locations. If you'd like a higher res photo, I'll send it via email.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	letsgoheat map web2.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	45469 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	letsgoheat map web2 wo labels.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	45470
    First of all I want to start with saying that I'm sorry for reviving such an old thread as this (I can't pm yet).

I really love this map style and I just wonder if it would be okay for me to use a small piece of this map (like a quarter) that you made (without any of the names) in my personal (non profitable) indie game?