Thread: What's up dudes

Default What's up dudes

When I was a kid I used to draw maps of little towns with cute street names. Common street and avenue names included berries, trees, and types of 'Main' 'Broadway' or something similar. In high school, I started to play Dungeons and Dragons with my friends and quickly became the GM for all our games. I loved mapping maps and coming up with towns and cities and regions and kingdoms. I also love modern urban maps. My office is plastered with road maps of my home town, NYC, Canada and the USA. Whenever I go to someone's house and they have a map on the wall, I just shove my nose all up in there. I'm currently attending university and I can often be found staring at the maps in the geography building.

Basically I love maps and I love role playing games.

Hi guys.

Hi there Kermode, well you have certainly come to the right place! This is a map-lover's paradise. Welcome to the Guild.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, Kermode -- I know what you mean about wall maps being distracting. For years my office had as wallpaper a mosaic of 1:24K USGS quadrangles of Colorado. And I see nothing wrong with picking up another copy of a world atlas I already have, at a yard sale or used bookstore. Why, I'm sure we need one both upstairs and downstairs, right?

Anyway, pull up a tutorial and have a seat. And if your studies interfere, well, a truly devious student can work out SoMe connection that requires a map for the next paper, project, or thesis...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

And if your studies interfere, well, a truly devious student can work out SoMe connection that requires a map for the next paper, project, or thesis...
    Why not? I find excuses to draw maps for work projects reasonably often