Thread: Hello all from Ozz

Guild Applicant

Post Hello all from Ozz

My name is Richard Osborne, but I go by the nickname of Oz. I spent a lot of time in the 70's playing D&D, drawing maps and dungeons. I still like to draw maps and other things, so I thought I would try to do them digitally. Downloaded Gimp and Inkscape. Being new to these software, I was surfing the net looking for tutorials and help and I came across this site yesterday. Fantastic site and maps. This site will give me help and inspiration.
    I know 3d cad software (SolidWorks), so I am hoping I will pick up the basics of GIMP and Inkscape quickly, with the help of this site and others, and in the near future be uploading one of my maps.
    If anyone has any suggestions or hints, please let me know. Thank you.
    Also, I am new to forums so if I make a blunder, do let me know.
    Ozz

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welce to the Guild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Guild Ozz! There are plenty of tutorials here on Map-making in GIMP, and a few for Inkscape as well. The best thing to do is to check out the tutorials section and, once you find a style that you like, start working your way through the tutorial. It's also a good idea to post a WIP so that you can receive constructive criticism while you are working on the map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh