Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saryndiil - fantasy map commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Default Saryndiil - fantasy map commission

Hey everyone,

I made this map a few months ago for the writer Tom Baker, for whom I already made the map of Elandaria. This time, the map depicts another continent of his world, Saryndiil, the Realm of the Eadä. original size 16x24", done in PS.

Hope you'll like it. As usual, feel free to rate , rep or run away
    © M.PLASSE 2014 - All rights reserved.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saryndiil continent finalsmall.jpg 
Views:	935 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	68527
    Last edited by - Max -; 10-23-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Hello,

It looks very cool. I'm not PS professional, but in time I'll learn creating maps like this. I finished two stories called Nobles of Torhurm and Cave Kingdom. I want to write more stories, and these stories will have realm. For this reason I want to learn how to make good fantasy maps(like yours). I wish, in future I'll made it!

Bests,

Great map Max.

So, you're working at 3-4 things at once (including the challenge) ? Just excellent map, I would just have slightly more colours on the forests.

Very nice map. Those forests came out really nicely. A simple tree design with a shadow, and yet the net effect is really good! The mountains are really great - lots of nice variation.

This is in the same world as the Elandaria map? I'm a bit sad then, that he did not chose to employ the same style as with Elandaria. Not only did i love that style a lot, it would also have been a consistent style for one world.

Nonetheless, this is also a very pretty map. I like it (even if this style always has the "sparse wood sickness" ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Another great one Max. I really like the color variations in the paper.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Excellent map Max, the grunge contrast from the border to the continent is too high IMO.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks all you guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    So, you're working at 3-4 things at once (including the challenge) ? Just excellent map, I would just have slightly more colours on the forests.
    Actually I'm usually working on more than 3-4 things at once Though this one was finished a few months ago. As for the colors on forests, the map wasn't intended to be colored. I just added the slight blue tone on the sea at the end to make the land pop up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    This is in the same world as the Elandaria map? I'm a bit sad then, that he did not chose to employ the same style as with Elandaria. Not only did i love that style a lot, it would also have been a consistent style for one world.

Nonetheless, this is also a very pretty map. I like it (even if this style always has the "sparse wood sickness" ).
    Well I can speak about the client's choice for style As for the forests, I wouldn't call it "sickness". Styles need balance and consistency and this kind of map looks better with sparse forests in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Well I can speak about the client's choice for style
    Hm? I don't know what you are trying to say... . Did you mean "can't speak"?

As for the forests, I wouldn't call it "sickness". Styles need balance and consistency and this kind of map looks better with sparse forests in my opinion
    Well see, for you, this looks balanced...for me, not so much.
    And i wrote the sickness part in " " .... so yes, it was a slight exaggeration
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast