Thread: the Inner Sea Map

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Map the Inner Sea Map

I hate this site... the more threads I look at the more i get the urge to do something myself this was a quick grungy version of a map i posted earlier on in the week.

To anyone whose interested the world of Elyden is dying, the laws of nature unravelling as the Demiurges (worker gods) slowly dies and rot, their influence on the world waning. To make things worse the Korachani empire, which has been exploiting the worlds' resources for millennia, is itself dying; superstitious, bogged down by a crippling bureaucracy, its resources and infrastructure are stretched thin, allowing trade to falter and corruption to run rampant. Much like the world around it, it is in its dying days.

Its a simple map, with little in the way of detailing and is more of what I'd call an artistic map focusing on the political boundaries of the eponymous empire (marked out in purple) - indeed the only features marked out are rivers and capital cities; nothing else. the colours might be a bit over-saturated though i like the effect. I also tried out a subtle spatter on the text which i think helps make the words look a bit more 'hand-written'

I hope someone out there finds this interesting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	korachani empire2.jpg 
Views:	5879 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	45073  
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 05-25-2012 at 02:35 PM.

It looks brilliant - exactly the kind of map that would look great framed on a wall, and a tantalising overview of the background, too.

I like the overall feel of the map. I love the shoreline of Pelasgos. The map feels travel worn and well used. My only quibble would be that the country name text feels too sharp compared to the rest of the map.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alecthemad View Post
    I like the overall feel of the map. I love the shoreline of Pelasgos. The map feels travel worn and well used. My only quibble would be that the country name text feels too sharp compared to the rest of the map.
    thanks.
    maybe a slight transparency and some slight grungey eraser marks on top them might help