Thread: ...

Guild Applicant Vincent-Alliath's Avatar

Info ...

Hey everyone. I'm Jon, preferably known as Vincent Alliath, and I'm quite obviously new here. I'm a writer by trade, a teacher by ambition, and a mapper by hope.
    I joined here because I want to learn how to map from the pros. And this place will have its fair share of them...
    I write fantasy, so I always like to have a map with me... but I'm not the talented artist in the family. That's my older brother... So my maps always come out as half-rate pieces of crud. Which I'm not happy with...
    I plan on getting Campaign Cartographer later this year, but for now I use the Fractal Terrains demo. I try to stick to paper and pen, but sometimes I feel lazy. For a while now I've wanted to get a nice permanent marker pen (fine point), my trusty blue biro, and my paper, and I was thinking...
    Draw the map in blue biro, soak the page in tea, dry it, then go over the lines with permanent pen. Then burn the edges and a few other bits here and there with a lighter.

Thank you for taking the time to read that, and I hope that I can learn from all of you, whether it be what not to do, or what I need to do...

Welcome to the group. There are a few of us CC3 users here. I am one of them.

Look around, post them maps (you may think they are crud, but from crud can come a thing of beauty), and ask questions.

Welcome!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome to the Guild Jon! We seem to be in the midst of bringing in writers this month. Very interesting phenomenon. Look forward to seeing your CC maps once you get started.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Hi Vincent. Well most of us started with crud maps, and we improved by coming here, posting our maps up, learning from the suggestions given and then practicing and improving. Hopefully you'll have the same experience. Draw deep from the collective wisdom you find here and contribute with your own thoughts.

oh...and welcome to the guild!

Welcome Vincent enjoy your stay. May it be long and filled with hints, tips, advice and maps posted by you. If you need any help just ask. We have CC3 gurus on tap here.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Welcome Vincent!!!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]