Thread: The land of Roec

Default The land of Roec

I have no clue what its real name is, it was entitled 'Roec'.
    I started this a couple months ago, with great ideas in mind. Obviously with my 'great' ideas they died out with the influx of schoolwork and such, the second reason I stopped was that my mountains weren't sharp enough. Now, I may, or may not start this again. Depends I suppose.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roec.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	45177

Hi there Eagle. I like the layout and shape of the land, and you've done a great job in blending the colors. You are right though that the mountains and other geographical features are all pretty soft as if slightly blurred. I'm not sure of the reason for this. One possibility is that it could be a result of creating clouds without enough detail (when you render the clouds did you set the detail to max?). The other thing I noticed is that it looks as if your lakes look a bit darker than the ocean. This could be a result of having one of the bump-map overlay layers covering the area. You could fix this by covering the layer with a layer mask that masks out just the lake sections. Otherwise, I think it looks good.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Oh, the reasons for that are probably that I am using photoshop instead of gimp and the reason for the lakes is that I simply forgot to fix them.
    Anyway, thanks for the feedback.