Thread: Refining my Fantasy World

Default Refining my Fantasy World

I have created my own fantasy world slowly over the last 12 years. I have the basic layout, major cities, somewhat of a history, baseline societies, basic races, and a deity system. I have run some RPG campaigns based on this world, so I guess you could say that I have the basic framework.

I would like to begin refining this fantasy world, but I have no knowledge of how to create political systems, ecosystems, and society interactions. I am looking for a couple individuals to be involved in refining and adding to this world.

These individuals:
    • should be able to give and take honest critiques without drama.
    • should be analytical
    • should pay attention to details
    • should be able to argue without getting upset
    • should be able to solve conflicts rationally

I am also in the process of writing a fantasy novel based in this world. Any content that I use in the novel that I did not create myself will receive full credit and any (if there are any) royalties for its use.

Is anyone interested?

Would anyone be interested in this?

Hi,

i would like to help. But to be honest, i'm a freelancer and always have a lot of work to do. Still it is very interesting, so maybe you can give me more information, about the time frame of the project and what kind of 'meetings' you planned (e.g. just posting here or skype etc)

The great thing about this project is that it is ongoing and has no deadlines. My schedule is fairly open, so I can basically work around others' schedules (I work and go to school from home). Currently, I have two people involved in this project: myself and my fiance. I can do Messenger, AOL, Yahoo, Skype, or IRC (or basically any other instant messenger as long as you tell me where I can download it). I suppose once I get more people involved, the scheduling will become more complex, but for now, it is wide open.

Guild Novice

Have you thought about setting up a wiki for open, collaborative purposes?

Indeed, I have. In fact, I am currently working on it. Currently, I am gathering up all of my resources and putting them in one place. It is a lot of information. Thank you for the helpful suggestion! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by ladykrimson View Post
    Indeed, I have. In fact, I am currently working on it. Currently, I am gathering up all of my resources and putting them in one place. It is a lot of information. Thank you for the helpful suggestion! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    It might not help you, but I've been doing my most recent wiki project in character. It frees me up to have some of the information be "wrong" and some of it made slightly inaccurate through translation of translation. These wizard equivalents will end up being powerful NPCs in games I run in the future.

This sounds interesting, I might be willing to help, what can I do?

Moved to general Discussion ( the CWBP section on this site refers to a specific Cooperative World Building Project rather than CWBPs in general).

@ Ladykrimson there is another site, the Campaign Builders' Guild (http://www.thecbg.org/) which may also be a helpful place to post your offer.