Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assault On Nightwyrm Fortress Encounter Maps

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

These look awesome! From the titles, it sounds like a very bizarre adventure though, from strange gods, to Shadowfell, to the Slaad?

Alternate version of T9 shadowfell portal following request:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T9V2.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	49073

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is fantastic. I love the fire and the heat shimmer effect.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Great job with the lighting effects!!

I'm not a computer wiz but when you download theses as a jpg how do you get them to print to scale? Transfer to PDF? Any help appreciated. Great maps btw!

Halo55,

Each map measures 2000 pixels by 2000 pixels in size, divided into 20 grid squares of 100 pixels each.

The map resolution is currently set at 72 Pixels per Inch (PPI).

This means that if you were to print out a map at the default size it will measure 27.8" x 27.8" (2.3' x 2.3' ; 71cm x 71cm). Each grid square (representing a 5-foot scale unit) would measure one-and-a-half inches in size.

Normally people like to print out maps so that each grid square on the map prints out at one inch (the average size of a miniature base). To do this, you need to either tell the image to print out smaller than defeault (you want it to print out at exactly 20 x 20 inches), or else you can open the image with a good image-processing programme and save a copy of it with the image size/resolution shrunk to 100 PPI, which has exactly the same effect (in theory anyway - never tried this...)

Standard paper size (US Letter/A4) is 8+ inches x 11+ inches. Thus if you are aiming to print out one of these maps at 20 inches by 20 inches, you will need to print it out on 6 pages, and then stick them together. Often printers/computers know this and do it automatically.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo55 View Post
    I'm not a computer wiz but when you download theses as a jpg how do you get them to print to scale? Transfer to PDF? Any help appreciated. Great maps btw!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacktannery View Post
    or else you can open the image with a good image-processing programme and save a copy of it with the image size/resolution shrunk to 100 PPI, which has exactly the same effect (in theory anyway - never tried this...)
    A friend of mine directed me to a program by the name of PosteRazor to do just this. Just import the picture, tell it what size you want it scaled to and then allows you to save it as a scaled, printable pdf.

Yes I've heard that's very good - here it is: PosteRazor - Make your own poster! . I play online, which is why I don't know about printing things out.

EDIT: just checked their website and this programme works by compressing the image file and turning it into a multipage pdf, which will presumably reduce the quality. It might instead be better to use the free PAINT programme that comes in Windows XP/7/8 - see here: http://scottiestech.info/2009/08/08/...ges-in-windows .

EDIT 2: a bit more research and YES INDEED this works very well! Assuming you have a PC and are not super-tech-savvy, this is the best method I would think.
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 12-03-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Hi!

Jack, have you done the maps for the "non-encounter" areas? In other words parts like T3 or T4-8, etc? I use Myrhdraak conversions for running this campaign and I exclusively play online through Fantasy Grounds, so we like having the whole region (be it dungeons, caverns etc), in map form for exploration as well as combat.

If you haven't done them, are you available for hire to do them? I have the ones you posted on this thread, but for my two groups purposes they are incomplete without all the other areas.

I own all the modules of the series and can provide proof to your satisfaction to include the poster maps in the job as well.

You can e-mail me directly pramos10@cox.net

Thanks!

Primarch

Sure; I'll email you - I'd advise you to remove your email from this public forum (or at least disguise it) so you don't get flooded with spam.
    Last edited by Jacktannery; 05-04-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast