Thread: Hello

Post Hello

Hello, people! Stumbled upon this place just a bit ago, seems pretty nifty to me.

I love maps. I've always loved maps. I've got two fantasy worlds (one for a novel in progress I tend to call the Second Worst Piece of Literature in the Entire History of the English Language, and one from an old D&D campaign) that have had parts or all mapped out one way or another. A city from the same D&D world, the start of a modern-ish (little bit in the future but not that much) city that I really, really need to map out.

But I haven't worked on any of that in some time.

Mostly I've been writing fanfics recently and I've got a pirate one I'm about to start which will take place in a world of my own invention so I decided I need to make a basic map, along with three large cities, two smaller cities, a couple of small settlements... let's see... I wrote the list down somewhere...

Eh, it'll turn up.

Thing is, I can do these things by hand which is what I've always done but without a scanner they aren't doing my readers any good LOL So mostly now I'm trying to learn to use gimp to make 'em.

Okay, I tend towards rambling so I'm gonna go ahead and end this post now with another hello:

Hello!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Guild Prettyorianna! There are lots of other writers/gamers here with the same goals as yourself, and many of us (myself included) use GIMP. So you've come to the right place. If you browse the tutorials section you'll find a bunch of GIMP related resources. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I have a city map I drew by hand that I managed to get a digital image by using my digital camera (this doesn't always work because without the flash my hand tremors blur the picture and with the flash, a lot of the time the photo looks like you took a picture of a blank sheet of paper)... I've got it uploaded to imageshack. Anyway, I figure after dinner today I'm going to explore this site more because it seems pretty nifty