Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Val Nevan

It's really starting to come alive now that you have a big patch of buildings finished!

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
    It works, but I think I've misjudged the scale. Most buildings are just 3-5 millimeters high and that makes it very easy to screw up. I just hope that all the little mistakes won't stand out so much when it's done
    They don't even stand out now. I can't find anything that is glaring. Maybe one wavy roof, but anything else I could see being intentional.

This is looking better and better. The streets don't look messed up to me.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphine_Harmonium View Post
    They don't even stand out now. I can't find anything that is glaring. Maybe one wavy roof, but anything else I could see being intentional.
    I agree, now that I'm used to it. I was hoping it would work that way, and it does, as long as you don't take a good hard look at each individual building

Latest update. I did a border first. Maybe not the wisest decision, but I needed to do something different fort a while.
    And then there's the cathedral ... I think I've overdone it. It was meant to be big, but not Albert Speer big. I got so hung up on drawing the thing (octagonal groundplan in isometric projection, aaaargh), that I lost sight of the bigger picture. I think I'm just going on with it and if I still feel it's to fracking huge when the pen drawing is done, I will scale it down in photoshop before I start colouring.

Thanks for the kind words, motivational rep and advice so far! You've been a great help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2077.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	971.5 KB 
ID:	45751
    Last edited by Blaidd Drwg; 06-17-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Wow! Looking very good indeed!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Wow, one of those birdseye city maps. I am impressed by the patiences needed to do such a map.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

i like the border - looks tedious though!

EDIT: what size is the paper? looks too big to be A4 but not big enough for A3

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

@Schwarzkreuz: it is indeed mostly a matter of patience, yes
    @Vorropohaiah: the border was VERY tedious. I'm glad it's over with. The drawing is on A3.

Fabulous map! Your tiny little people make me smile. Though that one by the bottom gate, on a horse? The horse looks like it's missing its head.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

This is wayyyy cool. I would love to do a map like this but I don't think I have the patience for it. I've been trying to psych myself up for something like this. Color me impressed.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast