Thread: Hello

Guild Applicant

Post Hello

How's it goin? Wanted to say I enjoy the reads, opinions, and tutorials!
    For about 10 years now I've been a computer hobbyist, I have learned or plan on learning a few different programming languages, decent with PS, and now I work on IT stuff. Being a big gaming fan, I think figured I could exercise all these by making my own game. In my area and friend groups, nobody plays any pen and paper games, so I'm kinda left to my own devices. So! I have figured out that creating maps like we do on here helps inspire creativity with writing a storyline and history of your campaign. For example mithril plays a big part in my campaign, and where it is geographically located on my map determines where a few major cities and capitals go, trade routes, partial economy of the area. All from our map! Thought I might share that bit of my motivation.

I have a mediocre map I've made with the PS cloud tool that I'm currently building on, but now I'm starting to make changes through Gimp which has been giving me trouble finding where everything has moved and the short-keys. Haha, small things to overcome though, right?

Thanks for tutorials and guides, and look forward to being here.
    -Nation

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Welcome Nation704, this is certainly the place to scratch your map-making itch.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh