Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abred (Cad Goleor WIP)

Looks good so far to me. I like the overall shape, the way you represent bogs is nice too. Awaiting an update

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Megahercio View Post
    I like this map. It have for me very good achievement. In special the mountain range and the first forest layer´.
    Maybe, the forest colour is too strong and the river finish too suddenly. Maybe I said.
    Could you clarify what you mean by "finish too suddenly?" Do you mean they don't taper enough? I think you're right on at least some of them. I tapered them manually with graduated brush sizes, and they aren't 100% uniform because of it.

I meant the river source, but mainly in this questions each to his own.
    A example of what wanted to say:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rios.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	45497

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Alright, I am thinking that this is a final (or near final) version of this map.

Comments are still welcome, but unless there is anything major that needs fixing, I will leave it be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abred5.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	4.47 MB 
ID:	45523

Just one thing (personally I would say it is major ): the compass rose does not fit this map. All of the map is clear lines - the compass is extremely pixelated. If you want to invest the work, you should redo it completely.

Else, it's extremely close to perfect. Well done: another map for my inspirations folder!

Hi there Seraphine, nice job so far. One thing I would recommend considering is toning down the opacity on those labels, particularly the larger ones. You might also consider adding a slight inner bevel (or pillow emboss or some such to them). By way of example, check out Gidde's Belgariad/Mallorean Fan Project map, Gidde does a great job here in making the labels blend in seamlessly with the rest of the map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12