Thread: Why Hello There

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Why Hello There

Hello

My name is Chris I am a college student out of Connecticut studying television production. I have been writing a story world for 4 years now and it is meant to be a platform in which I can write hundreds of story lines off of so it has evolved over the years and been refined and as we all know with that refinement comes the adding of more ideas to the point where your eyes bleed from the sheer idea of creating another race or people. However, in the last 6 months I have become obsessed with drawing more defined maps for my world. The floor of my office is now littered with piece of paper with sketches and notes of city placement and possible features.

I have always been in love with Fantasy it has been a passion of mine since I read the Lord of the Rings when I was nine and I love everything about it the world that people create. I love the idea of working with other people towards the betterment of the world as a whole and was happy to see a site like this to maybe find people who are not complete judgmental dicks who always have to say " Well i mean your not doing it the right way , but it's cool I guess". There is no right way as long as the ideas get across.

But anyways before I get on a huge rant a write a page and a half more I'll just say that I look forward to interacting with you all.

Welcome to the Guild Chris! You should definitely show off some of your map sketches. There are also tons of tutorials here for digital map-making as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Show us what you've got in the Work In Progress forum, people will help you out.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you'll fit right in