Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primitive humans vs dinosaurs

I was living in world, whitch was almost similiar. Sorry for my bad english, but it is not my national language. Ad rem: We hide and hunt with big hole, where this creatures fall, and we kill it with stone. After that we make balist. but for long time we just hide. It was survival. More hidden survive.

Hello. I'm new here and was perusing the forum, saw your thread, and was fascinated by the idea. This is a similar situation with a world that I was developing a concept for a while ago, although it never got off the ground. I might have a few suggestions for you, though.

There was an old Saturday morning fantasy series once called Land of the Lost, about a family that got sent to a pocket dimension full of dinosaurs, among other things. They took refuge and lived in a cave that was high enough to keep the animals out. Maybe something along this basic concept would work. If there are big and tall predators, just go higher. Perhaps something along the lines of native American tribes who built cliff-side cities, only higher up. Or perhaps there are mega-flora to go with the mega-fauna in your world, like the giant redwoods and sequoia trees, and the humans who lived there remained largely arboreal. There could be tree-house cities above where any of the giant predators could get them. Defense, if necessary, is as easy as dropping rocks, although more complex gravity-propelled weapons could be developed. Large spears with heavily weighted heads dropped from banks of downward-pointing racks. Weighted nets dropped from above to ensnare prey walking underneath.

If you don't like the "elven tree city" route, there might be widely scattered plateaus, like in the American southwest, with communities built on top of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12