Thread: Jumping in

Default Jumping in

I'm a mini sculptor who has played fantasy and historical roleplays and lots of sci-fi wargames. My son, like me, is interested in maps in general, but especially fantasy.

I draw by hand mostly but I may post some work by my older son who does work on a tablet. So that's the sort of stuff you'll likely see from me.

My latest project will be a sort of bas-relief map for a small-scale tabletop miniatures game set in a bug colony. I have drawn the lines out but nothing beyond that so far. It's a bit of a twist on what you're doing here, though, so I may be too far off the mark to share here.

No matter what, I enjoy the work everyone posts here. Some absolutely top notch art.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Welcome to the guild and if it's any kind of a map we'll still love to see it. From time to time we share other things we do just for fun as well. If you only draw on hand we also like photographs or scans if you are able.

As an artist you know, the more you take in the more you keep imagining.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Welcome to the Guild Ettrick.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you for the welcomes. I have just snapped a photo of my most recent WIP. It will very shortly have its own thread.

EDIT: Here's the thread, to make it easy.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...878#post189878
    Last edited by Ettrick; 06-25-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: linking to WIP thread