Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Empire Map WIP

Finished the "Political Lands" layer that adds the names of the nobles to where they rule. This services to help me as the GM and the players as well to know who they're dealing with in the area. The layer is defaulted to "off" but you can turn it on or off as necessary as with the rest of the layers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Empire Map Project.pdf  

A few comments from viewers mentioned the political lands layer faded the map a bit TOO much. So I pulled up the transparency a bit so you could still see behind it a bit.

Some more updates to this map. I've decided to go ahead and add the peripheral entities such as the Wasteland, Bretonnia, and Kislev (at least put in what I had room for.)

In addition, cleaned up the organization of the nobles by color now, so you can tell easily a Graf from a Baron, etc.

One further reminder as I've been getting a lot of questions on it. To really benefit from viewing this map, you have to use the layers feature in Acrobat (reader or professional itself). IT is notoriously cluttered otherwise. It gives each viewer the control of what they do and do not want to see on their map. The "Political Lands" layer especially. I have it turned off by default, but you can turn it on.

Last on the list is figuring out how to do resources and trade networks. It has me stumped at the moment and any suggestions would be helpful.

90% done!

Wip Revising the Empire Map

All,

It's been quite some time since I revisited this layered map of the Empire. A lot of work has gone into updating it. Some updates include a trade layer showing the trade zones and town wealth as well as some revisions based on WFRP 1st edition Enemy Within Maps I dug up.

I still have no completed the Legend....so disregard that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empire Map Project.pdf 
Views:	253 
Size:	6.48 MB 
ID:	57964

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Pretty well done map. Though you have a lot of overlapping labels, which is disturbing and make them unlegible.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Pretty well done map. Though you have a lot of overlapping labels, which is disturbing and make them unlegible.

It is unintended to be looked at with all the layers on at once. That is why I used PDF layers. Each viewer has the ability to toggle them on and off as they see fit.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

To be honest that doesn't make that much sense for me since you have enough room on the map to adjust all the labels and make the m legible without overlap.

Some of it, I would agree, but there is a LOT of information to take in if all the layers were on. some places, it would be near impossible to not have overlap. If you had, in one area, the trade zone, the noble house, the town, town name, and town wealth all on at once, it'd be tough to read no matter how you put it.

In addition, the intent of the map is also why it's in layers. It's for running a roleplaying game, so this is my GM map that I can toggle on/off what I think the players need to see at any given time.

I'm sure there are some areas where it would be possible to do some shifting however.

I like all the Warhammer Stuff.

Currently trying to setup a Warhammer 40K rollplay game on Roll20. Trying to find source material.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast