Thread: Warhammer Empire Map WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Warhammer Empire Map WIP

Hi all,

Long time lurker, but this is the first post I've made and it's to debut the WIP of my Warhammer Empire map. There are many out there of varying levels of detail and no two are exactly the same. We roleplay a lot in the Warhammer Universe, specifically in the Empire. I love all the maps out there , but having the source material all over the place was difficult as well as the scale of the maps made weren't quite what I wanted. When we roleplay, we usually have a digital version of the map on my 46" TV that we can reference. So, this map specifically is built in Layers that you can turn off and on so that as a GM I can filter only things I want my players to see.

It's s WIP still, but as it stands I did my best to compile the map from many sources, including Gitzman's map (check out gitzman's gallery website for his compilation of WH maps), Andy Law's maps (which are FANTASTIC) as well as the second edition Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay book, Sigmar's Heirs. Lastly, there is also a fair amount of guesswork and preference involved. It's vectored as well so the zoom level of the PDF is amazing and can go really close (up to 6400%). The map itself is 48x48".

Lastly, the Legend is partially incorrect as I made it early on with the idea of what I wanted on the map. To reitterate, you need to be able to view a PDF and know how to navigate layers to get the most out of the map.

I've still got plenty of work to do, but check it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Empire Map Project.pdf