Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer Empire Map WIP

Wip Warhammer Empire Map WIP

Hi all,

Long time lurker, but this is the first post I've made and it's to debut the WIP of my Warhammer Empire map. There are many out there of varying levels of detail and no two are exactly the same. We roleplay a lot in the Warhammer Universe, specifically in the Empire. I love all the maps out there , but having the source material all over the place was difficult as well as the scale of the maps made weren't quite what I wanted. When we roleplay, we usually have a digital version of the map on my 46" TV that we can reference. So, this map specifically is built in Layers that you can turn off and on so that as a GM I can filter only things I want my players to see.

It's s WIP still, but as it stands I did my best to compile the map from many sources, including Gitzman's map (check out gitzman's gallery website for his compilation of WH maps), Andy Law's maps (which are FANTASTIC) as well as the second edition Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay book, Sigmar's Heirs. Lastly, there is also a fair amount of guesswork and preference involved. It's vectored as well so the zoom level of the PDF is amazing and can go really close (up to 6400%). The map itself is 48x48".

Lastly, the Legend is partially incorrect as I made it early on with the idea of what I wanted on the map. To reitterate, you need to be able to view a PDF and know how to navigate layers to get the most out of the map.

I've still got plenty of work to do, but check it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Empire Map Project.pdf  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Excellent work! I love it!

It is a great map and will be very useful to GMs I imagine. I have already pointed a few people I know who play the RPG towards this and I'm sure they will be very thankful for all your work!

I like this map, in special the colours and the font you have chosen, I think is Caslon Antique.

Welcome to the Guild Krushnieva, and nice job on your map so far!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

@Megahercio - it is indeed Caslon Antique. It's the defacto 'warhammer' font used by many, if not most, of their products.

The next steps are to clean up the outside areas, update the legend, add a few more items to either the Kislev side, or add in the Wasteland area (for those who don't know, the area around the sea of claws to the west of the Empire). In addition, I'm going to make a 'nobility' layer that will slightly fade out the rest of the background and have the names of the local nobles scrolled over their area. Should have a nice idea of who owns what.

Also, since I have the editable version, when we play and my group rummages around in the world, I can add, change, or delete things on the map to reflect their changes. They should find it fun to visually have a lasting effect on the world. In fact, two small areas I've put on the map are my creations entirely to the world that I made for a very large campaign we did a few years back.

I've uploaded a new version that adds the Wasteland area as well as touches up the legend a bit. Also added a "bad guy" layer that shows monster lairs and greenskin tribes. Many thanks goes out to Gitzman, as his super huge map helped with the tribes and baddies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Empire Map Project.pdf  

Very impressive, the fact that it's so detailed makes it very much alive and "realistic". Great work

Blog Entries

Very nice map. Repped !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

I've always loved the shape of the warhammer map, the empire in particular - i like the work on this one, with the key especially

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast