Thread: A Hedge Maze!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Hedge Maze!

Structure? Dungeon? There isn't really a "Garden Features" section and it could be dungeony. In Book of Challenges, that really old 3e book, there were two mazes one of which was a hedge maze. It had blink dogs in it I think. Or maybe displacer beasts. I can't remember.

I guess it could count as a dungeon. Especially if it was full of dangerous animated topiary. Or perhaps a killer flesh golem with a hedge trimmer like in Castlevania 64.

ANYWAY. I should add that I love hedge mazes - they are one of my favourite things ever. This one I have drawn for a very dear friend who I wished to cheer up a little. But it could be used as a dungeon. I think for the next OPD I might do a maze.

I used an isometric grid as a base and planned the maze out before drawing the actual hedges. I did the plan three times before I found one I liked. I used that parchment from that one step by step drawing thread by Torstan I think 'cause it's pretty and I've been overusing my other textures a bit lately. I also wanted to try some shading using the overlay layers because it looks like an interesting technique and it's not what I usually do. Not sure about that right now. I'll have to experiment with that method a bit more.

I don't think I'll do much else on this now except tidy a few things up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ashmaze.jpg 
Views:	4842 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	45449