2 5.88%
  • Six Sea Birds - rlucci

3 8.82%
  • Tender Thighs, The Captain Lies - Venardhi

7 20.59%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April Challenge Voting!

Very nice work everyone but...

Isn't it better to just remove the clearly unfinished maps from the contest? Maybe I didn't find them??

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Great entries! It's a shame I only found this link recently, or I would have been tempted to have entered the competition using the idea as 'the secret' (but obviously with a different picture!!!!).
    Hehe, that made me chuckle in a juvenile way. I recall a couple stories in years past with similar logo issues. Apparently they never learn. It would be interesting to see this done in the context of a map.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SpamValiant View Post
    Voted for Venardhi's map. I love the fact that it gave me the creeps, and how mysterious it seems. Would have loved to see the final version (any chance you could post it somewhere anyway?)
    Now that I don't have a deadline I may keep working on it and post it eventually. I'm still not entirely happy with it though, so it may be a while.

Blog Entries

Just to pick up the composite point,

The Thumbnails have been up all month and these link to the threads to get a better view of the finals.

If Venardhi, rlucci and chel could put a WIP tag in then I can rerun it and get the final set up.

I had to make a few small changes to the script mainly in the area of grabbing case insensitive and no spaces etc so almost any kind of ### Latest WIP ### will do now. I reckon its about as complete as its going to get. I dont mind running this again next month or just as happy to hand the script over and let someone else take it on. It sure was vastly easier this month over last.

On to the voting. Wow so many good entries again. Venardhi came in almost immediately with a show stopper. Knew it was game over for me right away ! Gamerprinter had an excellent set of art again and some good ideas for the puzzle. I didn't see that he had posted the solution and tried to solve it but couldn't get the right answer. Robs was definitely interesting too but I did not make the connection like everyone else. A sign of an excellent puzzle for really hiding an object I would say. I liked Carnifexes one very much too. Was really stuck at the last few characters thinking this isn't a real word coming out... but it was the url. Nice little twist there. But my vote has to be SpamValiants. The map was excellent and the puzzle was superb even though I didn't solve it right. It was like the clouds parting at each jump as you see the solution. The rain came down somewhere near the end for me tho and I got a bit lost at sea...

I voted for Venadrdhi....I know he didn't complete it, but it was such an atmospheric, stunning, dark piece. Spam Valiant was a very close second. I couldn't decide between them and slept on it for day. Redrobes, I love your 'pulling all the pictures in one place programme' (can we give it a name please?) - it would be brilliant to put into the title thread of the comp. Next month let's do that so people can see thumbnails of the maps they're voting on.

Blog Entries

I call it the WIP scraper. I can give the script to you and Arcana if you like. All that is required is that the person who maintains it has edit access to a post that contains the list of new entrants and some web space. You run it and it does everything except upload it. Its handy if somebody is able to insert the WIP tag in a post where its missing but I don't feel as though I would like to do that to peoples posts.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes, email it to me

And to answer your question carnifex...yes, we usually put up even the incomplete entries...Only last months contest didn't get them all posted because some of them never made it out of the gate. If this is an issue for future challenges, I'll put it up for vote.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

clearly I made my puzzle to hard ... but it was interesting research

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast