View Poll Results: Do you prefer my challenge to be Realistic or Artistic?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Realistic

4 66.67%
  • Artistic

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May/June Lite Challenge Entry - Life in a Medieval Castle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default May/June Lite Challenge Entry - Life in a Medieval Castle

### Latest WIP ###

Attachment 45479

WIP. Posting now as motivation to actually complete it.

Whoa...interesting look. I look forward to seeing how this turns out and am interested in how you are doing it.

BTW, is that some adult content I see on the second floor? We might need a parental warning.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

In the pantry?
    They're both females. Wait, is that worse?
    In some revealing armour at the most.
    They're just lazing around. Life was pretty slow back then.

When you say interested in how I'm doing it do you mean like tutorial steps?

It looks almost like mid-evil paintings seen through a shadow wall placed within an image of a castle?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

On re-reading I think you meant 2nd floor as from the top. Well, that's the royal bedchamber and that's the King - rather muscular with the left knee bent which accounts for the bulge and yes - he is totally alone in the room.

You're spot on on the look. The castle itself has 2 different layers with one layer cutout in certain places that have rooms for a different blend effect for the room layers.

I was looking at 2nd floor right hand side, looks like 2 people - one bent over the others lap with their rear end showing :O

Forgot to mention that yes, I'm going for the medieval painting look - in particular the choice of textures for the rooms and the blending effects. I guess that's what's called impression painting because for the life of me I can't find the:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    2 people - one bent over the others lap with their rear end showing :O

Looks like an interesting project. Good luck with the challange!
    Jaxilon: Now, I think what you are seeing is just one person sitting on sth, and her knees are what confused you.
    Last edited by Lyandra; 06-08-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Both the person on the left and right side are showing Knees above their armored boots . However they are very big and round for the scale so I can also see the suggestive possibilities .....
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

lol, I see it now....you have to watch those mid-evil tapestries you know, they can be a quite randy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast