Thread: Another practice map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Another practice map

Since the last map I sort of drew another one in the similar "style" for practice. I think I liked previous one better, but thought I would share anyway. I'm frustrated with the desert especially, it did not turn out the way I wanted it to. The mountain range lost a bit on quality too... I'm satisfied with the forests though, in my opinion they look better now, especially the shading. Sorry for the "wobbly" cities, I tend to move around the paper a lot when I draw... For the city icons I've taken inspiration from an actual historical map, don't remember who was the cartographer though, sorry. I will try to check it the next time I will be in the library. I'm attaching two versions of the map, one is original and the other I put over one of Coyotemax's wonderful textures - just a small experiment.

All comments and criticism are welcome. I don't know if I will do anything else with this map, but who knows. Also, you have to remember that any corrections to the actual drawing will be difficult to make since it's not digital.

One thing I have to try next time is to leave some free space around the drawing or add it around it after scanning, so it doesn't look so stuffed.

Anyway, here it goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RandomMap02_1.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.78 MB 
ID:	45485   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RandomMap02_1_parchment_small.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	45486