Thread: Central Minterland

Default Central Minterland

A handout that I'm using in a DnD 4E game this weekend to get the players more familiar with the region that they live in and to help out with directions. This is just a small piece of the map I'm working on for my whole world, eventually I actually hope to have a map of each county within it and then maps of select towns. I need to have the Winby map done for this session as well so look for that in a few days.

Atane is the Kingdom's capital, Winby is the provincial capital, and Harken is the players current location, it's for all intents a county seat. Winby is a very rich town that lives off of the profits of the smaller communities in the area that concentrate on mining. On the otherside of the region is Harken, the traditional "Home of Kings" and also the most fertile farm land in the whole Kingdom. The mountains to the Northwest are just the very end of a chain that runs most of the length North to South of the continent.

I used one of RPGMapmaker's compass brushes I've tried to make them before but I'm just horrible at them. I used a custom brush for the forest and for the farm area, I'm really pretty happy with how they turned out.

It's drawn completely in Photoshop, I used a Wacom Bamboo tablet to do the shading for the forest, This is the first map I used from start to finish on the tablet and I really enjoyed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	central-minterland.png 
Views:	321 
Size:	715.0 KB 
ID:	25364  
    Last edited by bambua; 06-01-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice, the cities are a bit big perhaps - I would shrink those ... and if you need a compass - I made a bunch
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Nice, the cities are a bit big perhaps - I would shrink those ... and if you need a compass - I made a bunch
    You saying the markers for the cities or the text itself?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The markers - no need for them to take up a whole hex
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about the marker size, big is easier for us old guys to see I think it looks pretty good so far. The only thing I would change is make the river label blue cuz as it is now it's the same as the city labels.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps