Thread: Everwyld in progress

Wip Everwyld in progress

Here's my first attempt at a map for a campaign I'm working on. I was mostly just testing everything out to see how it would turn out so far. It's hand drawn obviously, scanned in and manipulated with photoshop. Comments? Suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map001.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	3328  

Looks good. I like the mountains. Nothing like a hand-drawn map to integrate features like that. Nice compass too.

I like that a lot.

The mountains work well as an impassable barrier, but if you're planning to have any settlements or passes there you might need to thin out the density a little to make them visible...

Nice, simple and effective. I particularly like the slight perspective view of the river. What is the scale of the map?

Do make a post (if you haven't already) on the introductions forum and tell us a bit about yourself - and welcome to the Guild!

I like your map, but I am curious about the Scale of the map as well.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Oooo Pretty!

I like it. Hand drawn maps have such character, and this one is well done.

thanks for all of the replies! As for scale, from the west side of the map to the east edge is about 500 miles.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I too love handdrawn maps... and you've done quite well in nailing that ... with your style you might be interested in hapimess's tutorial on mountians http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1669 and make your mountains show some real definition ... something of that style I think would really add a nice touch.

Though this is hypocritical of me because I clearly don't do it on all of my maps... tho I try too for a finished map. I'm a big believer in scale... the scale of a map is every bit important as the map itself... (for the most part).. and throwing up a line with 'xxx miles' really sets the scope of what your looking at ... there are definite acceptions to that rule of course... but I thought I'd add that in for its worth..

I look forward to seeing more maps or an updated map so keep'em coming

I rather like the map. To me, it looks like something the characters themselves might possess. I look forward to seeing more.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx