Thread: Scale Situation

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip Scale Situation

Hey Fellas. What's up?

So I'm making a map and I think it's pretty awesome etc. But I'm having a little problem with the Scale.
    I show it to a friend and he was like "Dude, everything is too close" and then I said "What scale do you think it could be?", and que said "I have no clue, but this one is too close".

So what did I think? "Which site has the best drawnings and experts in Cartographies?" (yeah, I'm kissing your ass, Cartographers).

Here's the Map, please give me your opnions and tips. I have no sense of "Scale".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imagem-mapa-04 copy.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	45620

**Thanks Gidde for the hint.
    Last edited by Rotciv; 06-14-2012 at 08:13 AM.

At first, the coastlines look like whole continents. Then I see the stylized mountains and forests, and they suggest a smaller scale. I mean, a smaller area represented, not a smaller scale ratio.

I second triplicate. mountains/forests seem to be different scale that coastlines/rivers. good coastlines though.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip

So what do you guys think? What should I do to make my map a regional map, instead of a mixed up map?
    Should I re-make the coast line/rivers or the forests/montains?

The forests/montains should look smaller or the rivers bigger and the coast line smooth??

Don't be shy fellas, I'm taking and suggestions.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

You'll probably get more feedback if you upload the image using the forum's tools, rather than an image hosting site (they're rife with popups and a lot of folks don't/can't click off-site). To do so, click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the reply (or edit) window, then use the Attachment Manager that's down the page a bit.