Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Zaria and Ansgar by TheRedEpic

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Map World of Zaria and Ansgar by TheRedEpic

Hey guys,

I did these two commissions for Joshua Johnson's Cerberus Rebellion book series. He wanted to base them off the style i used for my Hyranden map, so i obliged him, let me know what you think!

Zaria, map of the Known World:

Ansgar, the focus of the book:

Thanks!
    ~J

Nicely done!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great stuff but to be expected I suppose! =P

I am not a fan of the landmass shapes but I assume you are working within fixed boundaries of the client in that regard. I am curious though, do you get any creative input there?

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Really cool! These have a great look and feel to them. Probably doesn't matter at all, but a couple things bug me slightly on the first map. The icon for a hamlet and a fortress look the same to me. The second thing is that you have an icon for "Citadels," but the place on the map labeled "THE CITADEL" doesn't use it. It just uses the normal fortress icon. (I am assuming it is the fortress icon and not the hamlet icon, contextually).

But seriously, great work. Repped and rated!
    Last edited by Seraphine_Harmonium; 06-06-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Very pretty and I do love this style. It inspires me to want to create a map somewhat along these lines with the shields and so on. Good job!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Wonderful! I love this style.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

thats a really nice style map, though the form of the lanbdmass seems a bit 'artificial'

You're still one of my favorite artists, and again your maps are awesome... and again some maps for my inspiration folder thanks for sharing! cheers, DJ

Guild Journeyer

Just awesome! I love the style and the colors and all the lines patterns. The compass rose/seal is really great and a good idea. I also like very much the text around norteast Steimor.

Thanks!

This is so impressive! The map itself looks surprisingly simple, but with all the embellishments, the icons, the text, the border, the coats of arms, the..., the... it becomes an amazing piece of art.

Just to nitpick: is it possible that you tapered the rivers in the wrong direction? (I guess the layout of the rivers was preset, so I won't call the riverpolice on you. )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast