Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kizik - city map

Default Kizik - city map

This is a city map I've worked with lately. It is a map of the city Kizik, also known as the Krugian Lock. It is a very strategically important city that guards the entrance to the Kizik river that leads into Krug from the southern Illyrian lake. The map is done in CD3 from profantasy and have been edited in Photoshop quite heavily. The border and labels are all done in Photoshop.

The map has some numbers, but no explenation to them, that is because I couldn't make them fit in to the map. So here is a short key to what they are, for those interested:
    1. Monestary
    2. Northern entrance and a temple in the northern part of the square
    3. Governors house
    4. Fishermen village
    5. Northern inner port.
    6. The Kizik keep that guards the canals that connects to the inner bay and the Kizik bay.
    7. Temple
    8. Southern garrison
    9. Temple to the warrior god, the Krug main deity
    10. southern inner port
    11. Main external port
    12. Monestary
    13. Fishermen village
    14. Outer keep and protector of the Kizik bay.

That is about it, I hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kizik.png 
Views:	868 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	45621  
    Last edited by Clercon; 06-14-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Beautiful city, as always. I really like the shape, the map looks very unique. The only criticism I have to offer is that the water seems too bright to me in places, makes it hard to read labels and some of the docks' edges "disappear". I'm eagerly waiting for a new city map.

Love the unique layout. It definitely captures that sense of importance the place clearly has.

I suspect those disappearing dock edges are slipways that slope down into the water which is why they look a bit odd.

Very cool Map, Interesting design.

Guild Novice

Really cool map. I'm a rookie in this mapping stuff - so, apologies for the lack of C&C. The location looks like a great place for a different looking city like this to organic build up into over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I suspect those disappearing dock edges are slipways that slope down into the water which is why they look a bit odd.
    Absolutely, this was in my mind all the time

Thanks for the nice words as well. The unique layout is based on a real world location in Sweden, so I kind of copied the real world here, In my 0pinion it is always good to find some inspiration in the real world when you map cities. It will make it easier to get a convincing end result.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Nice, interesting city layout. I like the canals in the middle. Though, I do wonder what the people in those homes do if there's any flooding! I like it though

Now everything is clear, thanks Larb, I didn't think of that. You teach me some imaginative thinking here people, I like that.^^

Nice work Clercon. I love the use of color.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Kolyana's Avatar

Love the shape of this city - it invites me to want to study it further, look in close and really see what's going on ... city maps should do that, and this defintively does. Nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast