Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Britannia Version 2

Blog Entries

Playing with some ideas for point features. This is what I was least happy about with my original attempt at this map and it's still what bothers me the most as, I'm no good at drawing.

The blank symbols are just placeholders, I'm only planning to use that wreath shape for the shrines. I've tried representing Empath Abbey (Up in the Northwest) in an oblique projection which makes sense for a map where horizontal features are shown from the top, and vertical ones are shown from the side. Also, some of the games used oblique views. However, I'm not sure if it fits. It might just be that It's a bit too precise and blocky rather than the projection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stipple.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	565.2 KB 
ID:	45752

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

i like the point features (could be a tad smaller, maybe?) - i guess that collection of different ones in the middle of the main ocean is going to be the key?

Overall I quite like it. The mountains look a bit too straight and geometrical to my eye though.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Overall I quite like it. The mountains look a bit too straight and geometrical to my eye though.
    Thanks, the mountains are just placeholders for now though. I've got a lot of symbols to draw to finish this.

Blog Entries

I made up a bunch of mountain symbols, and a program to help import them into the program that generates the map.

Views:	104 
Size:	1,015.9 KB 
ID:	45802

Unfortunately they just seem to blend together in the map. I'll have to try something else.

You kidding? Those mountains look so much better now; sure, you might be able to improve them through trying something else, but this isn't a failure.

I agree, the mountains do look much better. I think it's because of the trees perhaps. Is there a way to add a some kind of 2px or so gap between the mountains and the trees? It might give them the definition you want.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I agree, the mountains do look much better. I think it's because of the trees perhaps. Is there a way to add a some kind of 2px or so gap between the mountains and the trees? It might give them the definition you want.
    I was actually more concerned with how they blended into each other, but I've managed to fix it by redrawing them.

Views:	86 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	45810

Thankfully I've managed to speed up the process for creating them.

Blog Entries

Lots and lots and lots of new terrain symbols.

Views:	113 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	45814

Those mountains are looking much better. Are you planning to color this piece or stick to B&W?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast