Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: World Map WIP - Comments?

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks much better now.

This is excellent! I always flop the mountains and I think I'm missing a step. Way to go!

I think the red dots are volcanos?

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

That's a beautiful map. One thing I noticed though - the continent on the left looks strikingly similar to North America in many ways. Did anyone else see it too?

I agree with Sapiento, it looks much better now.

@Scott Prevett:
    Yes it was noticed that it looked similar to North American though it was unintentional.

@ Josephgene:
    Yes the red dots are volcanoes. I'm currently re-working all of the mountains and trying to find a better way to indicate the volcanic regions. However, I may just not indicate them and leave that information for region maps since in reality, many volcanoes are indiscernible from other mountains from this kind of view.

Ok, so here is the next stage with the mountains all updated, and some more feature detail. I honestly don't know how it looks... I've stared it it too long to have an opinion anymore. lol
    Suggestions?

Thanks again for all the comments and tips.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karrakys WIP 3.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	45883

Guild Journeyer

It looks really better now. Good work!

This is a great improvement to an already beautiful map. The snow-caps on the northern mountains look too straight to me though. Maybe you could add a little variation to them?

Too straight in what way? Can you give a slightly more detailed example?

What I meant is that the line of the snow is very straight, as if the whole area there was completely flat (like a road for example - not that roads are completely flat of course^^). I assume that the mountain tops are a bit jagged, irregular and that each "separate" mountain is of a slightly different height then the rest of the range. That would call for a bit more irregularity in the placement of snow. It looks very artificial to me in the current shape. Take a look at this google search to see what I mean. Not a perfect example, but the first pic kind of shows what I mean (not that trying to achieve this level of reality is required or even possible with the style you are using.) I only think that more randomness would make your mountains look even better.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast