Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A salutation from the past

Post A salutation from the past

It was nearly four o'clock when a young men push the door of the Cartographers' Guild. He waited some times for somebody to arrive by studying the maps on the wall and finaly took the information paper from the secretary. He then fill it with ... well, what is asked, informations.

(Nick)Name : Hinaloth F. Lester
    Sex : Pink
    He returned it to the person in front of him and leave, returning to his duty ... sleeping, eating and reading.

Hi !
    As you could have read uphand ('cause of course you've read it aren't you ), I'm Hinaloth F. Lester, Rémy of my true name, I've 18 years (for some days left ... nearly 19) and I love Roleplaying (even if I oftenly hate my Roleplay-mate ...).
    I'm a french, so my english is still ... well, let's say that I still have some work in the futur .
    What else ... ow, yeah, one thing. I'm the son of a Cartographer, so don't ask why I love maps :p

May the mapping tools be with you, always.
    Hinaloth, strange idiot.

EDIT : Oh, and one more thing : I'm under Linux (Unbuntu 8.04) so many of the program won't work... sad thing T.T
    Last edited by Hinaloth; 04-30-2008 at 10:16 AM.
    Hinaloth F. Lester, at your service.

Back, with even more mapping!

Before he could reach the door a side portal opened and out bounded a slightly cherubic looking man in his (mid) thirties wearing a large blue wide brimmed hat that had the letters "CL" embroidered on the front in glittering diamante patterns. The man stuck out a large hand, well gnarled from years spent over a keyboard and spoke in a low but slightly nasal voice "Howdy, welcome, wanna map a whole world?" Hinaloth took a step back as the man began flicking at specks of dust on a large composite map on the East wall, that seemed to be in the style of a collage of many different styles and mapping conventions. What, he wondered, had he let himself in for?

OOC
    Hi Hinaloth and welcome to the guild. Dont worry about the English, its the mapping that counts. If you are looking for something that works in Linux and really does the business, try Gimp. Otherwise feel free to post anything you do. The only bad maps are the ones that never posted. Have a great time.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Welcome to the Guild Hinaloth! As Torq said, please contribute and enjoy your stay. The best way to learn is to do so please do.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Thanks. I've tryed the GIMP tutorial this afternoon ... well, I'm no good with it.

Here is my main map (on which I work the most), an old one through.

I've start to work on the North Coast of Kinare, the continent where the "Forteresse Amazone" (Amazon Fortress) is... It work good 'till I started to create forests ...

As it finaly arrived (no city applied for the moment) :

Ugly isn't it ?
    Last edited by Hinaloth; 04-30-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Spelling correction ... and still error are left (I gess ...)

Professional Artist Facebook Connected kalmarjan's Avatar

Post Bienvenue au notre boards!

Hey there. I am happy to see you here. I would like to ask you,

D'où venez-vous? /Edit: Je m'escuse! J'avais pas vu que vous habitez au france avant je vous demande où vous habitez.. LOL.

Don't worry about the "quality" of your maps, the point of this whole site is to get better with practise and the wonderful tutorials we have here.

Sandeman
    Last edited by kalmarjan; 04-30-2008 at 08:43 PM.
    What???? You mean there is NO MAGIC RENDER BUTTON!

Bonjour! Welcome, welcome!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaloth View Post
    As it finaly arrived (no city applied for the moment) :

Ugly isn't it ?
    Does anyone else see two faces, one above the other, in this image?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I see a crooked wine glass

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Does anyone else see two faces, one above the other, in this image?
    Sorry, it wasn't meaned ^^' I just ... followed the map as much as I could do ^^'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast