Thread: Map needed for soon-to-be-released novel

Guild Novice

Default Map needed for soon-to-be-released novel

Hello! I've been lurking about these forums for years, devoting a bit of time here and there to try and sharpen my own mapmaking skills. Sadly, my skills still aren't up to my own standards, and I need somebody to step in and save me.

I'm going to be publishing a novel soon, and since I'm a such a map-lover I want a map in my book. I've drawn up a quick sketch of the layout:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twixtmap.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	426.5 KB 
ID:	45703

(please don't laugh).

I want someone to take that and turn it into something that... doesn't suck. The artist can do the labeling themselves or leave that to me.

Style:

I'm not too particular on style, though I'm aiming for something akin to the following:

http://djekspek.deviantart.com/art/M...-map-144314351

Yes, I realize the guy is a member here. (You're great, Djekspek!). I'm hoping for stylized, but not cartoonish. I would be especially happy if the locations like Fortress Nebeth and Bastion look good in addition to the rest of the map. I will give further details about their look over email.

Dimensions:

Image should be 1600x2400 pixels (tall rectangle just as above).

The only other requirement is that the map needs to look good in greyscale, so people reading on things like Nook Simple Touch (no color) can still enjoy it.

Time:

I am hoping to publish by the end of the month, though I am willing to wait up to a month for especially good-looking work.

Payment/Copyright:

Payment is $100 (USD) on a deferred basis. That is to say, as soon as the book itself makes $100, I will send it along to the artist (via Paypal, I am assuming, though other options can be discussed). I do not have an estimated timetable for when this might happen, but I will offer monthly updates on earnings if desired. I am very much a serious writer, and while this is my first novel it is not my first publication. If you wish to verify that my writing doesn't suck (and, thus, that I might stand a chance of actually earning money and paying you) please go here.

Copyright remains the property of the artist, but artist grants me unlimited reproduction rights with due attribution.

If interested, please either respond to this post or email me at:

tristan[dot]gregory[dot]author[at]gmail[dot]com

Thank you!

This sounds like a great project for whomever you chose.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Guild Novice

Moderators: This project has now been taken.

Guild Novice

Thanks for the good work, cereth!