Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Map

Some rework at the same 2 zones...

Meshing Saderan and texture it's sure odd... but i've done a few tweaks and it's more blended now, a lot more. And i even like it

Changing the snow layer is the next step (thanks @Lukc)

I was testing some lettering also, to find a clean style (px, height etc) for labels, names etc...

Mountains

Forest

Desert + Roads (Main, Secondary, Trails)

I love your idea of blending styles. The forests look awesome. The desert texture looks great but the yellow used seems a little too bright to me. The map is starting to look very nice, can't wait to see the whole piece!

@Lyandra

Thanks! Yes, on the lookback the desert is in fact very bright.. i'll change the color gradient (something between brown-orange, more SAND style) or maybe i'll add a hue/saturation correction layer once is finished.

A glimpse of the South (nearly complete)

There're so many layer in Photoshop, everytime i open the map it's so sloooow (maybe 4gb ram aren't too much for this kind of work)

I have 2 different psd: one is for terrain, land (see 1st post) layered, the other one is for markers (city, labels, towns, etc...) Considering to make a 3rd one for mountain fixes, decorations, special symbols, etc before making a 4th one for final touches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12