Thread: Hi there, and thanks already!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi there, and thanks already!

Having never made a proper map before (I've done some sketches but that's about it), but having a fair bit of experience with GIMP with making textures, I'm really amazed at what I've managed to do so far, entirely in thanks to this forum. I combined random tutorials with general tinkering in the past 3 days or so, and came up with something that looks fairly decent, though it's still a fair way from completion. This map is based on a set of drawings from roughly a year ago for a game world that's now nearing the stages of completion; someone asked for a map that was easier to understand and I figured I'd try my best to help with it.

As you can probably see it's not finished and is still overlaid with sketches and all. (Currently I'm having trouble trying to draw the marshland on the east side of the island, but I'll just keep fiddling with it until it looks acceptable. )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regmapsm.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	360.4 KB 
ID:	45816

I just thought I'd say thanks to everyone who posts up maps, or tutorials, or anything that gets people into this kind of thing. <3
    Last edited by smail; 06-19-2012 at 08:28 AM.