Thread: Hello from London

Default Hello from London

Hi, I came across the Guild having searched the web high and low for advice on map making. From my short time of browsing the forums I see there is a wealth of information and seem to have come to the right place.

Ok, so a bit about me. From a young age I have enjoyed creating my own fictional countries and part of this, I drew my own maps. I have since moved on and for the last 10 year have been creating my fictional country on the planet Vexillium in the Imaginations game.

I have a huge amount of history and background information, but only basic, very basic maps, which I created using Paintshop.

I'm now keen to learn more and create realistic and nice looking maps for my country.

So nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting and learning from some experts!

Holdenburg

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard, sounds like you'll fit right in! Once you get started, post up a WIP thread; the feedback can be invaluable.

Hi Gidde, thanks for the welcome. Your Nyvitaera map is amazing!!! A real work of art and unbelievably realistic. If I can produce something even half as good as that I would be very happy. What software did you use and how long has it taken you to get to that sort of standard?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks! That one was done using Ascension's Atlas tutorial (the Gimp version). So Ascension deserves most of the credit It was maybe six months after I joined the Guild I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Guild Holdenburg.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh