Thread: June 2012 Entry: Sunrise Over Boreas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip June 2012 Entry: Sunrise Over Boreas

Well I figured it was high time I enter one of these monthly challenges. Course I've arrived late to this one and two challengers have already run with the ideas that I was working with. But I thought to myself, the hell with it, so what if she goes to the dance wearing the same dress as all the other girls, at least she'll look good in it (or so this is my challenge at any rate).

Boreas is one of seven moons orbiting Tantelos VI, a gas giant in the Brexana galaxy. Boreas is a terrestrial planet whose surface is covered with more than 85% water, 90% of which is trapped in ice that covers most of the globe. The atmosphere consists predominately of Nitrogen and Oxygen, with a small amount of other trace gasses. Temperature on the planet rarely exceeds freezing level. Nevertheless, for the past seven years it has been home to a local mining colony that have managed to carve out (excuse the pun) a the harsh surface of the planet. This is a view of the planet from the colonies orbiting hub.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boreas WIP 1.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	646.6 KB 
ID:	45771