Thread: Solution to my map "Treasure Bay"

Post Solution to my map "Treasure Bay"

The text in the top of the map and he bottom is the same (but with different "signs" or lettering).

To find out what the text in the middle means you have to exchange the signs for letters. There are two signs that you have to guess but they are very easy when you have the other.

The text you get is the path you should use to find the treasure.

Okay, so I'm a complete idiot. I found the two 'the's' by letter counting the bottom message without realising they were in the same positions as in the top message! Then I couldn't get any further. Knew I must be missing something, but I sure do feel a fool now

Quote Originally Posted by SpamValiant View Post
    Okay, so I'm a complete idiot. I found the two 'the's' by letter counting the bottom message without realising they were in the same positions as in the top message! Then I couldn't get any further. Knew I must be missing something, but I sure do feel a fool now
    I'm not too good explaining but I'll try.

Maybe it's too easy. The text in the top ("To find the path...") and the bottom signs is the "same" message. Every sign in the bottom text can be directly translated to a roman letter (except c and m). Don't forget the dots.

So to translate the text in the middle (the "solution") you just have to find the same sign in the bottom and find the correct letter in the top text.

(Two letter are missing (c and m) but it's very easy to figure these out once you have the rest of the message...)

When the text in the middle is translated you get the url ("path") to a webpage...
    Last edited by Carnifex; 04-29-2008 at 08:22 AM.

Hehe - yup, I know that now. I was saying I'm a complete idiot for not figuring it out before you gave the answer. Particularly since I'd already spotted the two 'the's but I failed to make the connection with the top message.

But even I was bright enough to figure it out once you'd put up this thread

Blog Entries

Yeah the C & M were missing but they were kinda vital bits for the last bit of the puzzle text. That threw me a bit since the first word wasn't a proper one. I was left with just the odd space thinking "now what the...."